- 1 package of ‘Bolacha Maria’ cookies (about 16 cookies) can sub for Nabisco tea cookies
- 1 pint of heavy cream
- 6 eggs, separated
- 2 tbs water
- 1/2 cup sugar plus 2 tbsp
- 1 teaspoon milk
- Roll out the cookies into fine crumbs and set aside.
For the egg sweet topping
- In a small sauce pan, pour in 2 tablespoons of water and 1/4 cup of the sugar. Stir.
- Heat the sugar water until it forms a light threadlike syrup but do not boil or allow to become golden.
- In a small bowl, whisk the yolks with a teaspoon of the milk. Gradually, while still whisking, drizzle in the sugar syrup, incorporating it thoroughly into the yolks. Set aside.
For the white mousse
- Beat the cream with 1/4 cup sugar until peaks form and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, beat the egg whites, until foamy. Continue to beat on high speed while gradually incorporating 2 tablespoons of sugar.
- Beat until soft peaks form.
- Fold the egg whites into the cream until the egg whites are thoroughly incorporated.
- Work in alternate layers starting on the bottom of glass bowl with the cookie crumbs. Pour a layer of cream followed by a layer of cookies until there’s no more left of both then ending with topping it all with the sweetened egg yolks.