Meet Ashley Brown‘s “Right Hand”, her secret weapon. A beautifully organized binder to keep a “master calendar”, to-do’s, must-do’s, grocery lists, coupons, and other important everyday information. Basically, a conglomeration of everything you’ll need/want to be keeping track of.
This Martha Stewart binder is the perfect size to keep at your desk while small enough to throw in a bag when going out to run errands.
Divided into five sections:
Products used in the binder as pictured:
- A 5 1/2 x 8 1/2 3-ring binder (here)
- 2 Zipper Pouches (here)
- Memo Tabs + Sticky Notes (here)
- 5 Tab Dividers (here)
- Lined Paper (here)
- 18-Month Calendar (here)
- Color-Coding Labels (here)
- A Few Paperclips (here)
- A pencil! (here)
- Personality check. Make sure you pick out a notebook that really reflects your personality. If you like how it looks, you’ll enjoy using it and be more likely to keep it updated.
- I take that back! Especially when it comes to your calendar, make sure you jot down things in pencil (or erasable ink).
- Keep it simple. If you’re trying hard to make your notebook “perfect”, labeling the sections can be pretty daunting. There are so many things you can keep track of! Just think about what’s most important to you on a day-to-day basis and go from there. Also, the broader your subjects are, the more likely you are to get good use of them.