from Nigella Lawson’s Nigella Bites
- 175g dark chocolate (best-quality – minimum 70 percent cocoa solids)
- 150ml cream
- 100ml whole milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- 1 egg
- Crush the chocolate in a food processor with the blade attachment.
- Heat the cream and milk until just about boiling, then add the vanilla and allspice and pour through the funnel over the chocolate.
- Let stand for 30 seconds. Process for 30 seconds, then crack the egg down the funnel and process for 45 seconds.
- Pour into 6 small coffee cups and sit them in the refrigerator for 5 hours or overnight. But remember to take them out of the refrigerator a good 20 minutes before you want them to be eaten; the chill interferes with their silky richness.