- 2 cups peanut flour (almond flour or coconut flour)
- 1 cup granular erythritol (or Swerve)
- 1 teaspoon stevia extract
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup coconut milk
- ½ cup coconut oil, melted
- 2 teaspoons sugar-free vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line bottoms of two 9 inch round cake pans with parchment paper. Lightly spray the parchment paper with oil so it can be removed easily.
- Stir together peanut flour (almond flour or coconut flour), erythritol (Swerve), stevia, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in mixing bowl.
- Add eggs, coconut milk, melted coconut oil and vanilla. Beat with electric mixer on medium speed about 2 minutes.
- Pour batter evenly between the two cake pans. Bake about 20-25 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Cool on racks about 10 minutes, then remove from pans and leave cakes on racks to cool.
- Frost with Low Carb Chocolate Buttercream Frosting.
Chocolate Buttercream Frosting
- ½ cup (1 stick) butter, softened
- ½ cup non-hydrogenated shortening
- 1 cup powdered erythritol (or Swerve)
- ⅔ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 5 tablespoons coconut milk
- 2 teaspoon sugar-free vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon stevia glycerite
- Cream the butter and shortening together in mixing bowl. Add erythritol (Swerve) and cocoa powder. Mix until combined.
- Slowly add coconut milk and beat until incorporated.
- Mix in vanilla extract and stevia glycerite. Beat until a good consistency is reached.
Makes 16 servings
Carbs per serving unfrosted: 2.6g
Carbs per serving frosted: 3.3g
Frosting: Total net carbs: 11g