- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup fresh squeezed lime juice (8-12 small limes, usually)
- 1/4 cup silver tequila
- 1/4 cup orange liqueur
- 12 3 oz disposable paper cups
- 12 wooden popsicle sticks or spoons
- Heat water and sugar in a small sauce pan until completely dissolved and the water is clear. Let cool.
- Pour into a pitcher with lime juice, tequila, and orange liqueur.
- Pour 2 1/2 ounces (5 Tbsp) of margarita into each cup.
- Place cups into a baking dish and put the dish in the freezer.
- After about 2 hours, start checking the popsicles. Once they’re frozen enough to support the wooden stick, insert a stick into each popsicle, pushing 3/4 of the way into the popsicle.
- Let freeze several more hours or until completely frozen (I let them freeze overnight)
- To serve, peel the paper cup away from the popsicle, starting at the seam of the cup, and carefully remove the bottom.
- Consume immediately.