via Heather Christo Cooks
Uhm hot and gooey Nutella? Yes please!
- 1 chilled pie crust
- 8 tablespoons Nutella
- 2 Sliced Banana’s
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 quart vegetable oil
- Powdered sugar
- Roll out the (store bought or get your Martha Stewart on and make it from scratch) pie crust to 1/8th inch thick.
- Use a 4” round cookie cutter to make circles of pie dough.
- Top with 1 tablespoon of nutella and a few pieces of sliced banana.
- Brush the beaten egg around the edge of the pie crust and then fold it over and very gently use a fork to pinch the edges together without breaking through the pie crust. Chill in the refrigerator until ready to fry.
- Bring the vegetable oil up to 375 degrees in a large heavy pot. Gently add the pies, a few at a time, to the hot oil and gently fry until golden brown, about 2-3 minutes on each side.
- Gently remove from the oil with a slotted spoon or strainer. Quickly drain on a paper towel.
- Generously sprinkle with powdered sugar and serve hot (these stay hot for a long time!).