My personal favorite for a hangoevr (yes this is how I choose to spell it) is a rich, sweet, carb-o-load brunch of french toast, sunny side eggs and bacon topped off with a mimosa and a frothy cappuccino.
I appreciate that this may make some people want to puke, more so, the day after so here are a few other good alternatives that work better than anything we currently have available stave off abstinence (who you kidding?).
- Emergen-C & an Aspirin (tastier than Alka Seltzer which is Aspirin based)
- Sauna & Epsom Salts bath
- Mineral water with lemon (2 liters throughout the day)
If all of it fails drink a Bloody Mary, though the perfect recipe is hotly debated, here is one with all the key ingredients:
- 2 ice cubes
- vodka, double shot
- ½ lemon, juice only
- 6 dashes Worcestershire sauce
- 3 dashes Tabasco sauce
- 150ml/5fl oz tomato juice
- pinch salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Place the ice into a tall glass and add the vodka.
- Add the lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, Tabasco sauce and tomato juice. Stir well.
- Adjust the seasoning, to taste, with salt and pepper and serve straightaway.